Window treatments can transform your home. In this weeks post, we will be exploring some unique ways to update your home through the installation of custom window treatments. If you have not yet taken the time to update the window treatments throughout your home, it is worth it. Not only will they look great, but they will help you make your home more energy efficient. These tips will help you to begin thinking about how you want to design your home with new window treatments.
1) Be bold: If you are looking to make your home look more fun and exciting, think about using bold colors, unique materials, or complex patterns on your custom window treatments. A great example of a way to make a bold statement with a window covering is through the use of roman curtains. Many roman curtains can be found unique bold designs and fun, vibrant colors. This will be a nice stay away from your standard white or off white shutters, blinds, or curtains.
2) Let in the light! If you are someone who enjoys a well lit house, the right window treatments can make your house feel brighter and can help to bring in a lot of that wonderful vitamin D! A great option for someone who like to let in a lot of natural light, but also retain their privacy, is shades. Sheer shades will cover your windows enough to keep your home private, well letting in a stream of sunshine.
3) Elegant window treatments: Large windows can be covered by long, draping curtains to add a dramatic and elegant feel to a room. Try doing this in a dining room with large windows. It will add a very nice affect in a large room with big windows. Try doing this in a neutral color, which will bring a modern twist to an elegant design.
4) Mix it up! You do not need to have identical window treatments in each room of the house. Mix it up, have fun with it. Maybe you will want sheer shades to bring in a lot of light into the kitchen, elegant curtains for your dining area, and wooden shutters which keep out the early morning light in your bedroom. There are no rules here that say that all of your rooms must match! It is a fun project to design each room uniquely and will make you enjoy every room in your home even more.
5) Be practical: While it is fun to think about all of the design elements, it is still important to remember that window treatments serve a very practical purpose. The provide privacy, help you regulate the lighting of your home, and help insulate your home in cold weather. Keep these things in mind as you think about designing your custom window treatments.
These are just a few things to think about. There are many local businesses, such as Lori Jill designs, who have experts who can help you choose and install custom window treatments in your home.